Antonín Svoboda's Best Thesis Award for the year 2016
[ in Czech
The Czech Society for Cybernetics and Informatics (CSKI) within
its fundamental scope, which is besides the development of cybernetics and
informatics in the Czech Republic also the participation on pedagogical activities
and on advertising the scientific results of the relative fields, announces
the national competition for the Antonín
Svoboda's Best Thesis Award for the year 2016.
- The theme of the disertation thesis corresponds with the object of ČSKI
activities (cybernetics, informatics and the related fields).
- The thesis was defended in 2015 at a faculty located in
the Czech Republic.
- The applications will be evaluated by the committee of experts nominated
by the ČSKI Council.
- The evaluation is performed in 2 rounds.
- In the first round the evaluating committee selects the finalists and publishes
their list on the ČSKI website.
- In the second round the evaluating committee selects the Award winner. The
evaluating committee may decide to split the Award, eventually to not select
- The winner will present the thesis on the annual ČSKI General Assembly,
where she/he will be given the diplomas (for her/him and her/his thesis advisor)
and the cash award of 25 000 Kč.
The applicant will submit the signed
scanned application through
the EasyChair system ((item "New Submission", as the submission name
must be given the tittle of the thesis).). Dále musí každý uchazeč zaslat
the following documents (in case of an excessive size of these documents - more than 5MB -
it is sufficient to send the address from where the requested documents can be downloaded):
- The thesis in PDF format (together with all the attachments).
- The web presentation of the thesis in the Czech and English language,
which will be published on the ČSKI web site for the finalists.
- The reviews of the thesis.
- The thesis author structured CV together with the list of publications.
The criteria of the competition:
- The thesis quality and originality.
- The theoretical or applied results in the field of the thesis.
- The professional profile of the applicant.
|December 1, 2016
||Announcement of the competition
|February 24, 2017
||Deadline for the applications
|April 28, 2017
||Announcement of the finalists on the ČSKI web site
||Ceremonial Award and Diploma handover to the finalists
- doc. Ing. Tomáš Kroupa, Ph.D., ÚTIA AV ČR, v.v.i. - chair
- Ing. Karel Zimmermann, Ph.D., FEL ČVUT - vicechair
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Brázdil, Ph.D., FI MUNI
- Ing. Rostislav Horčík, Ph.D., ÚI AV ČR, v.v.i.
- doc. MUDr. Jiří Kofránek, CSc., 1. LF UK
- doc. Ing. Jindřich Matoušek, Ph.D., FAV ZČU
- prof. Ing. Mirko Navara, DrSc., FEL ČVUT
- prof. Ing. Edita Pelantová, CSc., FJFI ČVUT
- doc. Ing. Karel Richta, CSc., KSI MFF UK
- Ing. Stanislava Šimberová, CSc., ASÚ AV ČR, v.v.i.